A New Day
In this edition of the UCI Magazine, you can read about the resilience, ingenuity and future vision that give rise to “A New Day” for UCI and our greater community as we emerge from a yearlong pandemic. As Chancellor Howard Gillman notes in his letter, UCI has never stood still. Join us in welcoming this new day.
- UCI town hall addresses fall planning and vaccines
- UCI receives most applications in campus history
- UCI to build world-class hospital on Irvine campus
- Alumnus Vincent Steckler ’80 and his wife Amanda donate $10.4 million to UCI
- Alumni couple create scholarship endowment at UCI’s Center for Critical Korean Studies
As the former chair of the UCI Foundation Board of Trustees, a trustee of Chapman University and a past trustee of the University of San Diego, James V. “Jim” Mazzo is a strong believer in education. His extraordinary commitment to UCI and the broader community even led him to receive the UCI Medal in 2008.
Past Trustee Spotlights »
Why I Give
Engineering, business and film, oh my! The quintessential lifelong Anteater, Ivan Williams ’96 supports many areas of campus, including the Claire Trevor School of the Arts, the UCI Foundation and the Black Thriving Initiative. Learn more about his commitment to UCI.