Lauds & Laurels
Since 1971, the UCI Alumni Association and its board of directors has presented Lauds & Laurels, the association's highest honor, at a formal ceremony each spring. Lauds & Laurels is the university's oldest awards ceremony, a tradition that has recognized more than 800 members of the UCI community for their service to the university, the community or their profession.
- Forbes ranks UCI 4th in nation for ‘best value’
- Investor-philanthropist Steve Borowski ’79 to receive UCI’s Extraordinarius award
- UCI’s graduate programs shine in U.S. News & World Report rankings
- Tyrus Miller is named dean of UCI School of Humanities
- L. Song Richardson named dean of UCI School of Law
- Sweet 116,000! UCI again breaks undergraduate applications record
Marilyn Sutton has a passion for public higher education – a passion that kept her engaged at California State University, Dominquez Hills for 35 years and that brought her to the UCI Foundation. A longtime supporter of UCI, she joined its Board of Trustees less than two years ago.
Past Trustee Spotlights »
As a type-1 diabetic, Stacy Seiler ’17 knows firsthand how difficult it is for children and young adults to take on the responsibility of managing a chronic disease. The wonderful care she received from nurse practitioners in her youth inspired Seiler to enter the nursing field. While attending UCI, Seiler served as a peer academic advisor for the nursing school, president of the UC Irvine Chapter of the College Diabetes Network and a national student representative for the College Diabetes Network Headquarters.