Read the fall 2018 edition of UCI Magazine to see UCI’s work to manifest “The American Dream.” The cover story, “Advancing the American Dream” highlights the efforts that have garnered UCI national attention for its ability to catapult disadvantaged students into the upper middle class. “The American Dream Personified” showcases eight tenacious alumni, including Trustee Jennifer Friend ’95, who are living out their vision while making their own unique contributions to the world.
- Parent Engagement on the Rise at UCI
- Almost half of students offered admission for fall quarter at UCI are first-generation
- Nexus of knowledge
- Richard J. Gannotta tapped to head UCI Health
- UCI sustainability efforts earn rare STARS platinum rating
- First-generation students make up half of UCI’s class of 2018
- State of the Art
As the former chair of the UCI Foundation Board of Trustees, a trustee of Chapman University and a past trustee of the University of San Diego, James V. “Jim” Mazzo is a strong believer in education. His extraordinary commitment to UCI and the broader community even led him to receive the UCI Medal in 2008.
Past Trustee Spotlights »
A low-income, first-generation, nontraditional college student, Abigail has had many obstacles while on her journey to pursue her dreams. Now at UCI, she has found her second home. Here, she has been able to pursue two degrees, gain experience through internships and really grow into a role model for her two children.