Lauds & Laurels
Since 1971, the UCI Alumni Association and its board of directors has presented Lauds & Laurels, the association's highest honor, at a formal ceremony each spring. Lauds & Laurels is the university's oldest awards ceremony, a tradition that has recognized more than 800 members of the UCI community for their service to the university, the community or their profession.
- Forbes ranks UCI 4th in nation for ‘best value’
- Investor-philanthropist Steve Borowski ’79 to receive UCI’s Extraordinarius award
- UCI’s graduate programs shine in U.S. News & World Report rankings
- Tyrus Miller is named dean of UCI School of Humanities
- L. Song Richardson named dean of UCI School of Law
- Sweet 116,000! UCI again breaks undergraduate applications record
Marilyn Sutton has a passion for public higher education – a passion that kept her engaged at California State University, Dominquez Hills for 35 years and that brought her to the UCI Foundation. A longtime supporter of UCI, she joined its Board of Trustees less than two years ago.
Past Trustee Spotlights »
Iman Siddiqi, a senior at UCI majoring in both political science and Middle East studies, is not one to succumb to senioritis. As the recipient of both the Aldrich Scholarship and the XIV Dalai Lama Endowed Scholarship, Siddiqi has kept herself busy. She is an honors student, a news editor for UCI’s New University and an activist for refugee rights through both UCI’s Hearts of Mercy and the national initiative Books Not Bombs.