Lauds & Laurels
Since 1971, the UCI Alumni Association and its board of directors has presented Lauds & Laurels, the association's highest honor, at a formal ceremony each spring. Lauds & Laurels is the university's oldest awards ceremony, a tradition that has recognized more than 800 members of the UCI community for their service to the university, the community or their profession.
- Ten new trustees appointed to UCI Foundation board
- UCI receives unparalleled California modern art trove
- Andrea Gunn Eaton appointed UCI chief campus counsel
- Landmark $200 million gift names College of Health Sciences
- UCI ranked 9th among nation’s top public universities
- UCI not too cool for school after all
Marilyn Sutton has a passion for public higher education – a passion that kept her engaged at California State University, Dominquez Hills for 35 years and that brought her to the UCI Foundation. A longtime supporter of UCI, she joined its Board of Trustees less than two years ago.
Past Trustee Spotlights »
Iman Siddiqi, a senior at UCI majoring in both political science and Middle East studies, is not one to succumb to senioritis. As the recipient of both the Aldrich Scholarship and the XIV Dalai Lama Endowed Scholarship, Siddiqi has kept herself busy. She is an honors student, a news editor for UCI’s New University and an activist for refugee rights through both UCI’s Hearts of Mercy and the national initiative Books Not Bombs.